Can you grow taller by hanging?
A short answer is yes if this exercise is continuously performed.
Are you happy about this, or still in doubt? Let’s dig a bit to find out how hanging might bring any change to your height.
Does hanging really make you grow taller?
Many experts reckon that gravity plays a vital role when it comes to height, particularly one of the main drawbacks of getting taller. Gravity affects our joints and spine and truly compresses them. It also squeezes the cartilage and contracts the muscles, making us look shorter.
So, what should you do to prevent gravity?
The answer is to hang because this activity helps fight the effects of gravity on the body and thus supports growth. Hanging is also a simple and strenuous exercise because when you hang by holding bars, you are stretching your whole body. When your feet are away from the ground, your lower body is extended completely, and your spine is stretched as well.
But is its effect permanent?
As mentioned above, hanging is a form of stretching that aids in relaxing tension in the joints and extending the spine. When you are going to hang to increase your height permanently, you need to perform it on a regular basis. Or you could go back to your previous height since gravity always makes your spine compressed. In fact, you do not need to worry as it can take a couple of days to return to your previous height. So, all you must do is continue hanging, again and again, to prevent this from happening.
How should you hang to increase your height?
Similar to any form of exercise, hanging should be done in a proper manner. Or it will not only waste your time but also drain your energy.
So, how to hang properly?
- Before starting, you need a solid set of horizontal bars. You can purchase a personalized set or visit gyms or public parks to get readily available ones.
- Make sure these bars are placed high enough to support the whole length of your body.
- A minimum distance of one foot is appropriate between your feet and the ground once you start hanging. But if your body does not stretch fully, you can bend your knees slightly.
- Grip the bar tightly with your palms facing away from you.
- Slowly let your body loose to feel a stretch throughout your spine.
Aside from performing a basic hanging exercise, you can try other variations to relax your body for effective results.
- Hang freely with hands slightly shoulder-width apart.
- Begin to ride an imaginary bicycle.
- When you bring your left knee up to your chest, engage your abs with control.
- Repeat the same motion on the right side and avoid swinging your body
Hanging knee raises
- Continue hanging on the bar.
- Bend your knees fully and bring them toward your chest while bending your pelvis, not your back.
- Make sure you feel enough pressure in your abs.
- Hang from the bar.
- Cross your feet to prevent swinging.
- Grasp the bar and raise your chest toward it (as high as possible).
- Slowly return to the starting position and repeat.
- Grab the bar less than shoulder-width apart.
- Let the body hang and allow the torso to stretch.
- Start rotating the hips/legs to the right and hold for 5 seconds.
- Return to the opposite side and repeat.
How much time should you spend hanging from the bar?
This depends on your stamina. But make sure you start slowly at first.
Try hanging for about 10 seconds at a time and gradually increase it to 30 seconds in one go. You can spend about 2 to 3 minutes daily, which is enough time. But avoid spending 3 to 4 minutes because longer periods of hanging are not a guarantee that your height will grow. Badly, overexercising might strain your muscles and ligaments.
When should you practice hanging?
The ideal time is in the early morning. When you wake up, your body will be in a passive state. And hanging from the bar will make your muscles move and become active. But avoid hanging too long because your muscles at that time are at relaxation. Or you can do it during the evening or in the afternoon after school.
What are other health benefits?
That said, hanging exercise has you covered, from strength to mobility.
Gripping a bar while hanging your body weight off it is one of the effective ways to build up your grip strength. Having a strong grip is necessary for your performance across all exercises and daily tasks.
In addition to a stronger grip, hanging also helps support your forearms, both size and strength. For most of us, forearm strength is a weak spot in our upper body strength. By increasing it, you can easily perform many daily activities.
Shoulder health and mobility
Like the forearm, we rarely use the full range of motions of the shoulder. Over time, this might result in aches and pains and a loss of mobility. So, if you regularly practice hanging, it will work on your shoulder joints and strengthen your overall shoulder health.
Hanging helps enhance your upper body, extend your arms, back, and shoulders, and decompress your spine, thereby improving your posture. Moreover, it leaves a positive spiral of fewer aches and pains and a stronger upper body.
It sounds strange, but this exercise supports your skin strength, too. When using your hands in different ways, you will make the skin in the upper body more resilient and flexible.
What should you eat to improve your height?
No matter what exercise you do, you need to maintain a good diet rich in necessary nutrients.
- Calcium plays a vital role in bone and skeletal growth as well as in maintaining bone density. It supports growth in kids, children, and teens and aids in keeping optimal bone mass and preventing osteoporosis in older adults.
- Vitamin D and vitamin K are essential for the absorption of calcium and allow calcium to work properly.
- Magnesium is a vital mineral that can work well with calcium and vitamin D in improving bone health.
- B vitamins are necessary for neutralizing acidic foods that might affect the skeletal system badly.
- Protein, including collagen protein in bone broth, eggs, fatty fish, or meat, helps build cartilage, joints, and other tissues that support the body’s structure and bone metabolism.
- Vitamin C and other antioxidants can work well with collagen protein to build up and maintain strong and healthy connective tissues, including joints, muscles, and bones.
Who would have thought that simply hanging from the bar might be so rewarding? Yes, if it is done properly and combined with a proper diet and good nutrition, your height will be improved effectively.
We hope this article has inspired you to incorporate the hanging exercises into your daily routine and get all the benefits, not only making you grow taller but also supporting your upper body health
Valerie Aubree: A Health Expert Leading the Way at Supplementchoices.com
Valerie Aubree is a highly skilled health professional with years of experience in the industry. Currently serving as the administrator of Supplementchoices.com, she has been instrumental in providing quality health-related content to the masses. In addition to her professional expertise, Valerie is also an avid music lover, movie enthusiast, and a passionate advocate of community health activities.
Valerie Aubree’s Experience and Expertise in Health
Valerie Aubree’s impressive credentials and experience in the health industry make her a respected authority in the field. She has spent countless hours researching, studying, and staying up-to-date on the latest trends and developments in health and wellness. Her passion for health education has led her to create valuable content that has benefited millions of people around the world.
As an administrator at Supplementchoices.com, Valerie Aubree has played an integral role in providing accurate and reliable information about dietary supplements, vitamins, and other health products. Her expertise in the field has allowed her to identify the best supplements for various health conditions, and she has been instrumental in reviewing and recommending products to her readers.
Valerie Aubree’s Love for Music and Movies
Valerie Aubree is not just an accomplished health professional but also a well-rounded individual with a love for music and movies. She finds solace in listening to different genres of music, from classical to contemporary, and has an eclectic taste in movies, ranging from indie films to blockbusters. Her passion for music and movies provides her with an escape from the rigors of the health industry, and she believes that it is important to have hobbies that bring joy and relaxation.
Valerie Aubree’s Community Health Advocacy
Valerie Aubree is a firm believer in the power of community health activities. She is a passionate advocate of programs that promote health and wellness within local communities. She has participated in various community health events, including health fairs and wellness programs, and has worked tirelessly to raise awareness about the importance of healthy living.
In conclusion, Valerie Aubree is a health expert who has made a significant impact in the industry. Her experience, expertise, and passion for health education have helped millions of people live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Her love for music, movies, and community health activities make her a well-rounded individual who is committed to making a difference in the world.